Thursday, June 12, 2014

Easy, Inexpensive New Neighbor Welcome Gift



Hi friends! I've been working hard in my garden this year and I'm happy to say that it is paying off! I have an abundance of fresh, delicious produce. To share some of that garden goodness and say "Hello" to some new neighbors who have moved into our area, I made these really easy boxes with card stock, decorated them with lettering, using my Cricut Explore Machine, and filled them with fresh lettuce from the garden. I think they turned out really cute, so I thought I would share.



To make them you will need:
Card stock Paper, 12x12 size
Tape, I used a cute printed Washi Tape
Modge Podge as adhesive for lettering if you use a Cricut, and a sponge brush to apply the Modge Podge
Markers to write a cute note, or use your Cricut if you have one
And filler, I used lettuce



To make the box:
Make 2 marks on 2 sides of the 12x12 paper, on opposite ends, the lines should be made 4" in from each side and 3" deep into the paper. (Do this on both, opposing ends, leaving the other 2 sides alone)
Then cut those lines you drew. Now, fold the middle flap up at the end of the cut, do this on both sides, then fold the other two flaps up at the end mark also. Then you need to fold the outside flaps to create a fold on the bottom, long sides of the bottom of the box.


Here are some pics that should help with folding. Then you fold and tape to make the box.
I used my Cricut Explore to make text that says "Lettuce Be Friends!" I then Modge Podged it onto the boxes and then filled with fresh lettuce. This was an easy, inexpensive way to say "Welcome" to our neighborhood!











From our little "Patch-A-Heaven",


"Lettuce" all have a wonderful day!!

1 comment:

  1. I have nominated your blog for the Leibster award! My private blog was nominated, and so that is why there is no post on Bits and Spurs.

    Rules:

    Thank and link back to the person who nominated you
    List 11 facts about yourself
    Answer the 11 questions asked by the blogger who nominated you
    Nominate 9 bloggers who have fewer than 200 followers (you can’t nominate the blogger who nominated you)
    Ask them 11 questions
    Let them know about the nomination

    Here are the questions:

    1. Brown or Black?
    2. Willow or pine trees?
    3. Sweet or Spicy?
    4. When you read, do you feel like you are in the story?
    5. What is your favorite thing to eat?
    6. What is your favorite thing to do?
    7. Which do you think are cuter as babies: Lambs or Goats?
    8. Would you rather be in the country or the city?
    9. What is your favorite flower?
    10. Do you bird watch?
    11. Have you ever been to the beach?

    Have a great day!
    ~Alyssa

    ReplyDelete