Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Handmade Cowgirl Country Christmas Tree Series, Episode 8: Horseshoe Ornaments

Hello and Welcome Back to my "Little Patch-A-Heaven!" Today I have a couple more ornaments to add to my tree! I added 8 horse shoes. (4 I left the original, silver color, and 4 I spray painted metallic gold.) Then I added a Suede Leather Lacing string to be able to hang them and tied the lacing with a cream colored bow.  Now, if you add real horse shoes to your tree I would recommend using aluminum shoes(racing plates). The aluminum racing plates are much lighter and don't weigh down the branches.

Here are some pics of what I did:
(Once again, please ignore the horrible manicure going on in these pics. All this crafting is hard on a girls nails!!)

Here I am adding the Suede Lacing. I doubled the lace then made a loop, then put the ends through the loop and pulled it tight against the shoe. Then tied the ends together in a knot at the top.
Here the Lacing is pulled tight against the shoe.
Here are the silver colored ones all finished!
Here are the Gold spray painted shoes all finished!

2 comments:

  1. How big are the horseshoes? and where did you find them?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there,
      These are standard size, aluminum racing plates. You should be able to find them at your local horse tack supply store such as IFA, CAL Ranch or mom and pop tack shop.
      Kacey

      Delete