Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Handmade Cowgirl Country Christmas Tree Series, Episode 6: Cowgirl Picture Ornaments

And we just have a few ornaments left to feature! There is something special about adding personal pictures to your tree in the form of an ornament! And this Cowgirl Tree needed just that...some pictures of real Cowgirls! You could print and cut out any Cowgirl pics that you wanted to use. I chose to use pics of my family cowgirls. It gave the tree just the personal, special touch I was seeking. And it was fun for my girls! They helped me paint the wood and now they get to find the pictures of themselves on the tree.

Here's what I did:
I went to the Wal-mart website, to their photo dept. I uploaded all the pics from my computer. Then in 1 hour they were printed and ready for pick up! I found some wooden ovals at Hobby Lobby. Then I painted them red, and let them dry. Then I Modge Podged the trimmed pics onto the painted wood. And glued ribbon to the back. These were super easy and a fun, personal addition to our Cowgirl Tree.

Here they are!



All attached, just need ribbon.

Here is one on the tree.

No comments:

Post a Comment