Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Recipe Share: Pineapple Stuffing, the perfect Thanksgiving Side Dish

Hi my good friends! I can't believe tomorrow is Thanksgiving! It seems that this year is just flying by! (anyone agree?) Even though I can't believe it's here already, I love, love Thanksgiving. This time of year is just heaven to me. I get to enjoy time with my family and friends. Cook and bake great food. And remember and be thankful for all the blessings which are mine! I am hosting the big dinner tomorrow for some of my family and I really love to cook this meal! (Even though it takes the better part of 3 days to prepare, I really do enjoy cooking this meal!) As I was preparing some of my side dishes today, I thought I'd share a family recipe with you. I am not a big stuffing fan. Giblets and Gizzards just gross me out! I really used to prefer Stove Top (I know!) to all the other home-made stuffings or dressings I had experienced. That was until one of my lovely cousins brought this "Pineapple Stuffing" to our annual Family Thanksgiving dinner! When I tried it, I was in love! It's a humble appearing recipe and photo, but don't let that fool you. It's a bread stuffing, but it's sweet and could totally pass as a dessert! It's warm, buttery, gooey...yet crispy and did I say sweet?! She shared this recipe many years ago, but we all still insist that she bring it every year! Thanks Candice for sharing this deliciousness with us. (And you are all welcome that I'm sharing it with you! Just kidding, but really I think you will love it!) So if you need another side dish on your menu, feel in need of great comfort food, or if you just don't like traditional stuffing (like me!), forget the Stove Top and try this instead!! And it tastes even better the 2nd and 3rd day, so enjoy those left-overs too. (Just re-heat in oven on 350 degrees for about 1/2 hr.) The ultimate in comfort food ladies and gentlemen!! Some folks say it reminds them of bread pudding, some say dressing, I say delicious no matter what you call it!!

Here's what you will need:
1/2 Cup Butter, salted
4 Eggs, beaten
5 Slices of bread, cut into cubes
1 15oz Can Crushed Pineapple, drained (When I double the recipe I use one can crushed and one can of chunked pineapple, because I like a few chunks.)
dash salt

Directions:
Grease pan. (Doubled recipe fills a 9x13) Cut bread slices into cubes and place in greased pan. Set aside. Cream butter and sugar together in mixer until smooth. Beat in eggs and drained pineapple. add dash salt.Then pour mixture over cubed bread. Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour.


No comments:

Post a Comment