Thursday, September 26, 2013

Comfort Food Recipe Share: Our Favorite Honey Butter and Scones

Hey all, glad you came! Today I'm sharing another recipe. It's been unusually cold and wet here in our part of the world. And I really don't like cold weather...at all! So warm, comforting foods are on my menu today. You may know that we have beehives here on our little "Patch-A-Heaven" and we just love honey! Our honey alone on a scone is yummy, but I like to do a little mixing when it comes to my honey butta! I like the stuff they serve at Texas Roadhouse so this is my attempt at their honey butter. I think I like it...a lot! This hit's the spot for my cold, rainy day blues...with a cup of hot cocoa too!

What you need:
Honey, 1/2 Cup, preferably from your local beekeeper!
Butter, 1 stick, softened
Powered Sugar, 1/4 cup
Cinnamon, 1/2 tsp

Directions:
Beat butter in mixer until smooth, then add honey, powdered sugar and cinnamon, beat until smooth and blended. Serve on hot scones! For our scones we usually go the easy route, (which means thawing Rhodes Dinner Rolls and frying in hot oil.) They are fast, easy and oh so tasty! Enjoy and stay warm!!

No comments:

Post a Comment