Sunday, July 7, 2013

How Kacey Wears It, Orchid

Hello friends! Hope you are all well. It's been crazy busy around here lately. (I guess it never really slows down, because I say that all the time!) The garden is growing and we are eating good, healthy veggies. My oldest got baptized and I threw a big party to celebrate. I've been sewing a bit and I just received my last two dresses from my collection. Which brings me to my post today. I am wearing my "Orchid" dress. This is the same style as the orange "Belle de Jour" except in a mint green. It is made of chiffon and has beautiful pleats falling from the waist and is oh so fun to twirl in! (As you can see...I just can't help myself!)
As I was looking for accessories to accompany this fun frock, I found a gorgeous clutch/purse from Elaine Turner. I've never bought from here before, but I am impressed. It shipped fast and packed great and when I opened the box...I was in love! The mint python goes so great with this dress. (Oh, and the inside of the purse is pink, how could it be more me?)
Here is a close up of the Purse, it's called Makenzie but I think it's =Python Perfection!: It's on sale and I got a coupon for signing up for email=bonus!! It can be worn as a purse with the chain strap or take the chain off for a clutch. Have I mentioned...I love this bag?!

As for shoes, I had bought these faux snake print heels from VS early this season and loved them with this. (Elaine Turner has some great python wedges that would be great with this dress too!)


Here are some more pics of me wearing "Orchid" (to purchase this dress please go to shabbyapple.com and look for it in the "Fete de Fleurs" Collection.)

 Here's the link to Shabby Apple
Shabby Apple "Orchid" Dress












My accessories today are a gold colored chain necklace and matching earrings. I got these at Koo de Ker. Another of my fav shops for picking up something fantastic!


I think the thing I like most about this dress is that when standing still this dress hangs close and neat and is slimming. But give her some lift, air or twirl and you get a gorgeous flow of pleats! Trust me, you won't be able to keep from twirling! Hope you have enjoyed "Orchid" today. Have a Fancy Day from "Patch-A-Heaven!"

2 comments:

  1. That dress is so elegant! I love how you paired it with the snake print, brings a little sass to the whole thing! Visiting from the Trend Spin Linkup!

    http://chelseypatti.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Chelsey, Thanks for popping over! I checked you out too, I especially loved your post about your visit to the beehive! As a beekeeper myself I'm always impressed when people are brave enough to visit the hive!
      Kacey

      Delete