Saturday, June 15, 2013

How Kacey Wears It, Dressed up Belle de Jour

Hi my friends! Hopefully you aren't sick of seeing this dress! This is the last look I will give on
"Belle de Jour." It is getting lots of attention (thanks to fashion blogger Cara Loren rocking it at a recent wedding) and selling well, I anticipate this dress in this color to be sold out soon, YAY! Today I get the chance to dress up and go to the theatre so I thought I'd post how I wear this dress, dressed up. (Basically I just changed to heels instead of flats and lost the denim, dress down jacket.) I stayed with the pink theme, because...well,  I love pink!
(I wore it casual in another post, if you want to see it go here: )
Casual Belle de Jour

So back to the theatre, My mother-in-law got all of us girls tickets to a show, so here is how I wear "Belle" dressed up. I always dress up to go to the theatre! We went to the matinee performance so I went with a pony tail and more casual jewelry to keep it day. I got lots of compliments on it.






Accessories: Pink and Coral colored statement necklace, pink earrings, bracelet and shoes. Pink, purple, mint scarf. Pink Kate Spade purse.



The wind has been blowing like crazy around here lately and I hate wind! But, as I was complaining about it, a thought came into my mind. This dress was actually inspired by another iconic dress. Remember Marilyn Monroe's white, hot, pleated dress in the Subway Grate scene in "The Seven Year Itch?" (Yep, that one!) My dress was actually inspired by that memorable moment in cinema history. It was to be the "Mormon Version" of that great, grate dress! I have always loved vintage styling and Marilyn had such great style. So as the wind blew those delicate pleats around today, I smiled as I thought of what it would be like to live one day in the life of Miss Marilyn! (I am no Marilyn, but I can pretend!) I had a lot of fun shooting these pics today and I must say Marilyn made it look sexy, I just made it look dorky! (But I'm ok with that.)  This has been such a fun dress, so feminine, flirty and you just can't help, but give a little twirl in this baby! If you buy this dress, don't be surprised if it makes you want to have a "Marilyn Moment!" Hope you have loved Belle de Jour, for now "Au Revoir!" Here are a few more pics from my dorky rendition of the subway grate scene:


I love how the wind takes the pleats, so girly.

Yep, I'm a total dork!!



Whew baby! I'd better have a good hold on this thing!




Um... this one went a little high! Super dork face!!






Marilyn, this one's for you!



The real thing! Miss Marilyn rocking the subway grate in The Seven Year Itch.
Photo Credit: found on Bing/www.hotelfashionland.com


Hope you have a fancy day! Loves, Kacey


No comments:

Post a Comment