Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Fashionable Farmer/Runway Rancher Episode 1, Nautical Cowgirl

Hey there friends! I am just getting back on top of things here on "Patch-A-Heaven!" I attended the SNAP Conference (if you aren't familiar with SNAP, it's a 3 day conference here in Utah for the creative/diy blogging community, where we can network, and learn from great classes.) and lets just say things got a little behind without mama to clean up and take care! So I've spent the past 2 days cleaning and reorganizing the homestead. It's looking much better now. Wish I could say I was on top of the laundry though (the washer decided to die, really die this time, while I was gone!) Looks like I'll be making another trip to the laundry mat this week. JOY! (insert sarcasm here!)  But I really enjoyed my time at SNAP! I learned so much (my head is still spinning!) and met lots of fun and creative people. Today's post is part of my new theme "Fashionable Farmer/Runway Rancher" (this is a theme where I like to mix farming and ranching with fashion) To read more on what inspired this theme you can read my blog post here:
  Fashionable Farmer/Runway Rancher is born    
In this post I wanted to share some of the fun things I found while at SNAP. Today I am wearing what I call the "Nautical Cowgirl" look. I love the latest as much as the next trendsetter, but my "cowgirl style" also has to be very functional. I know some absolutely drop dead gorgeous cowgirls, but the best thing about a true cowgirl is that we aren't just another pretty face or outfit. We've got those mad horse training, lamb wrangling, cow chasing skills! We aren't "all hat and no cattle!" Pretty and functional, now that's my kind of girl! So today I am wearing a super trendy tee I bought at the Queen B Market at SNAP, it's from the Printed Palette. It has an anchor and says "Live Life Anchored" (if cowgirls are anything, we are anchored! We have roots that run deep and always stay firmly anchored to where we come from and what we stand for.) I'm sporting a new necklace from rhousecouture, which they so generously gave to all the SNAP attendees (thanks ladies!) it has a pretty bead and is stamped with this year's theme "Create Joy" I paired this comfy tee with my cobalt colored skinnies, and to add the cowgirl element, my black Lucchese Sting Ray Boots!
 So what's your style? Are you straight up cowgirl or do you do a little mixin' like me? Or maybe you are straight trendy. There are plenty of fashion blogs out there, great ones! Ones that I love to follow. What I'm hoping to add to this area is fashion with farmer function! I'm headed to Sanpete today to pick up show lambs so my outfit's got to be functional, but can't live without a little trendy style too!

Close up of the "Live Life Anchored" Tee from the Printed Palette. (I'm pretty much in love with this shirt!)

Here's the pretty necklace from rhousecouture!

 
And here are the newest members of our lamb family! My girls are going to show lambs this year in 4-H. (Mama has got to get these wild little guys tamed!)
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment