Thursday, December 13, 2012

Twelve Days of Christmas Gift Ideas

Today I'm posting my ideas for gifts to give that go along with the Twelve Days of Christmas song. I like to give one big box that has twelve gifts inside that corresponds with each day in the Song then they can either open one gift per day until they open the last on Christmas Eve or they can open them all at once. (Up to them.)  But of course, if you prefer to deliver each gift separately on each of the days then go ahead and do that. (I have found that it is easier to keep myself anonymous if I do it in one delivery, your chances of getting caught go up the more times you make deliveries.) And my little kids aren't very stealthy! Or another option is to enlist someone that the receiver doesn't know to deliver the gifts if you want to stay anonymous. Put each of the days gift(s) inside a separate bag or wrapping with each day on it so they know which to open when. Here is the one I did: I wrapped and labeled each gift with the day it was to be opened, put them all in a giant basket and put this letter inside.

There's  a Secret Santa that wants you to know you are loved this Christmas Season!
Inside this box are 12 packages, one to represent each of the 12 days until Christmas.

On the 12th day of Christmas my Secret Santa gave to me...we thought 12 Drummers Drumming might drive you crazy so we got a drum full of popcorn for you to munch on instead. (gift was a metal drum of flavored popcorn)

On the 11th day of Christmas my Secret Santa gave to me...we couldn't find the 11 Piper's Piping, so we got you some sugar cookie dough and frosting in "piping" bags to decorate. (gift was sugar cookie dough and frosting made and put into piping bags, remind them in the letter that this needs refrigeration)

On the 10th day of Christmas my Secret Santa gave to me...instead of 10 Lords A Leaping, we found One Lord, the Light and Life of the World, Jesus Christ. (Gift was a marble statue of the Savior Jesus Christ, and then a video of the Animated Nativity for the children, you could do anything that signified Jesus, a Nativity Piece, a picture of Him, etc.)

On the 9th day of Christmas my Secret Santa gave to me...instead of 9 Ladies Dancing, we could picture you dancing around your kitchen in this new apron. (Make or buy aprons for the ladies in the family.)

On the 8th day of Christmas my Secret Santa gave to me..the 8 Maids were busy Milking, but we did find some Milk Duds! (boxes of milk duds is the gift)

On the 7th day of Christmas my Secret Santa gave to me...instead of Seven Swans A Swimming, we thought you might like to go swimming next summer. (Pass for swimming to local pool was the gift.)

On the 6th day of Christmas my Secret Santa gave to me..instead of 6 Geese A Laying, we found a "Goose on the Loose!" (the gift was the Usborne children's book "A Goose on the Loose")

On the 5th day of Christmas my Secret Santa gave to me...instead of 5 Golden Rings, we found some yummy golden honey! (the gift was a pint of honey)

On the 4th day of Christmas my Secret Santa gave to me...instead of 4 Calling Birds, we found these birdie pot holders calling to us! (gift was 2 pot holders made from cute bird fabrics)

On the 3rd day of Christmas my Secret Santa gave to me...the 3 French Hens went out, but they say chicken soup warms the soul! (the gift is chicken soup, I chose a bagged option, but you could do canned or anything chicken)

On the 2nd day of Christmas my Secret Santa gave to me....instead of 2 Turtle Doves we found some delicious chocolate turtles. (gift was a box of chocolate/pecan turtles)

On the 1st day of Christmas my Secret Santa gave to me...We couldn't find the Partridge in a Pear Tree, but we did find some Pear Syrup that's yummy on pancakes. (the gift is Pear Syrup and box of pancake mix)

We hope you have a very Merry Christmas!

Love,
Your Secret Santa

You could adjust any of these gifts to be more personal to the people you are giving the gifts to. These are some ideas from the 12 Days of Christmas Basket Gift our family gave this year. As I looked for ideas on the internet I couldn't find what I was looking for so we did our own.

No comments:

Post a Comment