Wednesday, November 14, 2012

New Recipe: Pulled Pork BBQ Pizza, yeah baby!



I made a pulled pork roast the other day and I don't know what happened, but I had the strangest desire to put it on a pizza! I haven't done this before and I have not seen it done, but it sounded so good. At first I used Ranch dressing as the "pizza sauce" (at my children's request), but it didn't give me that BBQ flavor I was craving. The second time I tried it with BBQ sauce and it was perfect! I love pizza and tend to be a traditional pizza eater, but this is a pizza I could eat again and again! I topped it with mozzarella cheese and pepperocini peppers for a little extra bite. Mmm...it was tasty! So if any of you would like to try this new take on the pizza pie here's what I did:

I used a pizza dough recipe that I found on Pinterest here's the link (well I tried to find where I got this recipe, I found it on Pinterest. But as I was blogging this I could not find where I got this recipe. I looked for a really long time! So if it belongs to you or if anyone knows where this came from please let me know so I can give proper credit! It is a great recipe and I wrote it on paper to try it and do you think I wrote from which blog??? No, I didn't. But I would recognize it if I saw it again. So I am truly sorry if it's yours and I "stole" it, I didn't mean to! So here is the recipe that I got off Pinterest somewhere that does not belong to me:
1 Cup warm water
2 1/4 Teaspoon Yeast
1 Tablespoon Honey
2 Teaspoon Salt
2 Tablespoon Olive Oil
3 Cup Bread Flour
Stir yeast and honey into warm water, let sit for 5-10 min. then add salt, oil, and 1/2 of flour, then slowly add in rest of flour, knead for 6 min. I used my KitchenAid mixer with the kneading hook, worked perfectly!


So you will need to make a pulled pork roast, I used a three pound pork roast, cooked in my crock pot for about 8 hours on low using McCormick's Slow Cookers BBQ Pulled Pork seasoning mix prepared according to package instructions (available at the grocery store in the spices/sauces isle). Once cooked, pull the deliciously roasted meat apart with two forks so it is in shreds.

You will need:
McCormick's Slow Cookers BBQ Pulled Pork Seasoning Packet.
Your favorite pizza dough recipe or the one above.
Mozzarella cheese, grated.
Pepperocini peppers, sliced. (Mildly hot bottled peppers in the isle where you find pickles at the grocery store).
Your favorite BBQ sauce, again I used a Famous Dave's.
And your already cooked and pulled pork roast.


I made and rolled out the dough pretty thin, (with a little corn meal on the cookie sheet) then smeared the dough with Famous Dave's Rich & Sassy BBQ Sauce, then I put on lots and lots of pulled pork (more than the picture above shows!), mozzarella cheese and pepperocini's on top, and baked at 500 degrees for 10 minutes until golden brown and toasty. It was BBQ pizza heaven, enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment