Monday, July 30, 2012

Vacations!!

I love to go on vacation! (Except for packing and unpacking, I don't love that part!) Our family just arrived back home after spending 5 fun filled days at Bear Lake. We have the tradition of staying at a family owned beach house right on the shore of this local Utah lake. The water is a beautiful turquoise blue, backed by beautiful mountains and refreshingly cool in temperature! (I prefer a little warmer water temp., but it's still fun to play in.) We had the luxury of having friends with ski boats join us and we got to water ski, tube, knee board and spend many fun filled hours on the lake. I even had my first snorkeling experience! I always worry a bit about leaving the farm and what might happen to it while we are gone. But it's so nice also to get away, relax and play! Upon our arrival home everything was in perfect order, animals all safe and healthy, garden dry, but not dead! Squash bugs only got one plant while I wasn't looking! (damage in previous years has been a lot worse!) This time we also got to have the man of our house with us the entire time and that never happens! We (the kids and I) usually go up all week and he joins us on the weekend, (he's kind of our family's indentured servant, always working so hard so we can play!) But this year it worked out that we could all go up together! We had a mu+ needed time of rest, relaxation, play and much delicious food!! I think we all gained about 5 pounds from all the fantastic meals we shared there! So there is a reason for the slowing of blog posts lately, (I've been stuffing my face, LOL!)

No comments:

Post a Comment