Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Recipe: Sweet Treat Fruit Nachos

As I was shopping at my local grocery store (Payson Market), I passed by the deli where there was a girl giving out samples. I love sample day! It's like going to Costco without the 40 extra minutes of driving, getting ran over by ten zillion people coming your way, as you and your 3 screaming children need to go the other way, (it's like a demolition derby free for all in there!) the cart loaded down with 12 heavy boxes that cost $150 bucks. (Sorry, I have shopping at Costco scars, LOL!) Anyway, on the sample table they had these freshly fried tortilla chips and they had sprinkled them with cinnamon and sugar. (Yes, I bought a bag, yes...I could have eaten the whole bag myself, but I refrained. I shared them with my kids, and together we polished them off!) They were good enough to eat all by themselves, but they inspired me to create a new recipe. I love nachos! The home made kind, the gourmet kind you get at a restaurant, and I even love the kind with the "fake" cheese you get at the ballpark or gas station! So I decided to top these crispy, sweet, cinnamony triangles with more deliciousness. And turned them into sweet, treat nachos. I think I love them! (I may have to start Zumba again, Oi!)

Ingredients/Instructions:
One bag Payson Market cinnamon/sugar tortilla chips (or I guess you could fry your own and sprinkle with cinnamon/sugar if you want to be an over achiever or if you don't live close to Payson Market.)

Top cinnamon/sugar chips with your favorite fruits, chopped small.
I chose: Strawberries, raspberries, kiwi, mandarin oranges, grapes, blueberries, and bananas.

White Chocolate, melted and drizzled over the nachos.

Blackberry preserves, I over achieved on this one, (I used my home made blackberry syrup, I picked the blackberries myself at a patch here in West Mtn., I removed the seeds, (I hate seeds) made and bottled/processed a syrup that we also love to put on pancakes etc. If you don't have home made blackberry syrup, you could use your favorite jam from the store and thin it down to be drizzled over the chips/fruit nachos, oooowey baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment