Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Thank God for Country Boys!

I was having a conversation with a friend of ours who happened to be down in a small trench with a shovel helping my hubby to back fill an irrigation line they had just installed. I jokingly mentioned that I was my husband's first employee and it used to be me down in the trench with the shovel. And that hubby was probably really happy to have this friend helping instead of me. Well this friend said something like "good thing us farm boys know how to do stuff!" After the trench conversation and a short ride around with hubby in the backhoe for old time sake, I headed home. On the truck ride back to the house I pondered what my friend had said about farm boys knowing how to do stuff and it is so true. And worthy of a blog posting I think! Farm boys are a breed all their own. They know how to work hard, they are super good at fixing things even if the only tools they have are duct tape and baling twine. They aren't afraid to get dirty or break a sweat. They are good problem solvers and were taught to do the job the right way the first time, even if it takes longer. So with the old John Denver song Thank God I'm a Country Boy playing in my head, I say "Thank God for Country Boys!" Glad I snagged me one!

No comments:

Post a Comment