Friday, May 4, 2012

Mini Skirts!

I have two little girls and we love "hand me down" clothes! However, I am not a huge fan of mini skirts on my little girls, so what do you do with the many mini's that seem to be around? I say, add a ruffle! I am in love with ruffles on just about everything! I have a Bernina sewing machine that is one of my best friends! About a year ago I purchased the ruffling attachment that is made for the machine, but comes as a separate purchasable accessory. I must say, "I love it"!! Because I seem to love to add ruffles to every possible thing, it makes my life so much easier, faster and oh so enjoyable!! So if we inherit a mini, we add a ruffle. I Just cut a strip of fabric, hem the bottom and serge the top, ruffle the strip on the attachment, sew to the bottom of the skirt and wah-lah, skirt I feel good about! These are some pics of ones I have done for the girls, I also make a belt in the same or coordinating fabric to tie in a big bow, cuz I'm also a big fan of big bows! Don't get me wrong, I've worn my share of mini's in my lifetime, I'm not against them, I'm just not ready for my little ones to don one!

No comments:

Post a Comment