Friday, March 16, 2012

Another use for Nutella, yes I think so!!

One of my favorite desserts (and I have lots of them) would have to be eclairs. And I make them at home all the time. One day I got lazy and didn't want to make chocolate frosting, but really wanted to eat a yummy eclair. So...I improvised, and it ended up even better I think! I frosted them with Nutella. If you aren't familiar with this product, I'm sorry, but you are missing out! It is a chocolate/hazelnut spread and it's delicious. I use the Betty Crocker (red bible, cookbook) cream puff recipe for the eclair shells. Put the dough into a disposable pastry bag with a hole cut in the bottom. Pipe out onto a greased cookie sheet and bake according to the directions. I fill with instant vanilla pudding, also piped into the shell using a pastry bag. Then frost with Nutella. And yes...that is my bite out of the eclair in the picture, it was delish! Yet another use for Nutella spread!

No comments:

Post a Comment